OVERVIEW AND CHALLENGES
Cresco Labs is one of the largest, vertically integrated legalized cannabis companies in the world with a multi-state presence in the U.S. and a portfolio of consumer and medical brands. In March 2022, the company acquired Columbia Care, a domestic competitor and major player in the cannabis space.The combined company would create the world’s largest legalized cannabis company, but given the complex nature of the deal, the communications challenge was clear: make an announcement with the biggest impact and the best media coverage to reach the right investor and industry audiences.
- Working closely with all stakeholders to align the right messaging
- Developing a tightly controlled and timed media strategy for maximum impact, with tiered sets of outreach and coordination across internal and additional external communications resources
- Executing a complex media outreach program targeting global coverage
Rally Point successfully planned, managed, and executed one of the largest-ever M&A deals in the legalized cannabis industry with major implications for investors, employees, partners and consumers. The deal was covered by more than 650 media outlets with top-tier highlights including Forbes, New York Times, Barron’s, MarketWatch, CNBC and hundreds more.
- Market expected to top $38.2 Billion by 2028
- One of the largest-ever M&A deals in the legalized cannabis industry
- Coverage in over 650 media outlets