OVERVIEW AND CHALLENGES
Qolo was a seed-funded startup created to simplify and speed up payment systems and practices for fintech using a unique, omnichannel platform that would support growth and reduce expenses. While Qolo had arguably developed the most innovative payment platform in over 20 years, the organization had no public profile, a rudimentary website, no social media presence, no messaging, and no marketing. As much as the company was reinventing how money moves, its marketing strategies needed a similarly comprehensive update.
- Moving the public and media perception of “payments” from staid to modern and dynamic
- Positioning CEO Patricia Montesi as Qolo’s face and voice
- Deploying the company’s C-level executives as speakers at fintech and payments conferences.
- Building Qolo’s entire social media presence from the ground up
- To build on our positioning efforts, we created a dynamic content plan that highlighted subject matter expertise of the leadership, improved SEO and added fuel to our pitching efforts.
We have successfully refocused Qolo’s positioning from its brand launch including features in Tearsheet as a driver of the new economy, to reinventing payments,using messaging that reflected the needs and realities of neobanks. Following Qolo’s successful Series A funding announcement which included a prominent feature in Business Insider, Qolo continues to successfully attract direct venture capital interest as a result of continued and strategic placements with ongoing coverage in outlets such as PYMNTS, Mergermarket, sustained trade coverage, podcasts and more, continuing to build the brand. By establishing the foundational “marketing machine” for future comms activities pre-launch, we effectively set up Qolo for future growth and national recognition, including a PayTech Award finalist as it marches towards future fundraising and overall growth.