OVERVIEW AND CHALLENGES
In 2014, RiverFront Investment Group, a global asset manager, wanted to enhance and expand its national reputation and attract more diverse investors.Their media approach at the time was unstructured and the firm needed a strategy. In addition, the RiverFront leadership realized, following discussions with the Rally Point team, that they were falling short when it came to recognizing and elevating diverse voices.
- Communicating the company’s values of community, culture and collaboration
- Increasing name recognition for the company, its leadership, and its investment advisors
- Identifying and elevating diverse voices to encourage diverse investors and to drive media interest
- Training key spokespeople to ensure that each media hit delivers maximum impact
RiverFront’s AUA has grown from $5 billion shortly after Rally Point began work with the firm to $9.5 billion today. In that time, Rally Point has arranged thousands of media placements for Riverfront executives, with 140 in 2021 alone. RiverFront is now a leading voice in finance, with senior executives regularly featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business, TD Ameritrade, Reuters, Yahoo Finance and more. A beneficiary of Rally Point’s media training approach, Mr. Nicholson, who had a nascent media presence before, now appears in over half of the firm’s media interviews. This successful effort to increase the focus on diverse individuals has also had a positive impact on recruiting.
- AUA has nearly doubled since 2014
- Over 140 media hits in 2021 alone